- This event has passed.
Mastering the Interview: Microsoft Excel
Jun 2, 2022 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
For many positions in finance, Excel is considered an essential tool used to efficiently analyze and manipulate data and to create compelling financial analysis. There are many different functions or tools in Excel that can be used but the best approach focuses on speed, accuracy and transparency so the analysis can easily be communicated to your boss and / or client. As such, employers are increasingly quizzing applicants during the interview process through a combination of verbal questions, take-home and in-person exams. This workshop will introduce common topics candidates are expected to know, practical approaches to solving a variety of problems in a limited period of time, and a few “gotchas” recruiters might employ to ensure candidates know their stuff.
Learning Topics Include:
- Learn to use keyboard shortcuts
- Use Excel’s filters in conjunction with specific arithmetic functions to summarize large volumes of data
- Learn to use and automate some of Excel’s more advanced lookup functions including VLOOKUP, OFFSET, and INDEX
- Become proficient with Pivot Tables, one of the most powerful tools in Excel, to quickly analyze large quantities of data
- Discuss how Excel questions could be incorporated within an interview