- This event has passed.
CLT-Energy Complex(ity): A Look at 2023 and Beyond
Thu, December 1 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
This event is co-sponsored by CFA NC, CAIA
Turmoil or transition? Or a little of both?
Energy markets have been on a wild ride throughout the 2020s. Is it an inflection point between traditional and alternative energy? Or just the latest (premature) prediction of peak oil and the fossil fuel phaseout?
Join CAIA and CFA Society NC for an evening of energy enlightenment.
Our panel examines the state of global energy markets today, and to what extent we are laying the groundwork for a transition. Topics include:
- Supply and demand in a post-pandemic, rising-interest-rate environment.
- Capital investment: How do we best allocate this finite resource among various energy sources?
- Can the free market get it right, or do we need policy makers to step in?
- Where do we see ourselves in 20 years and how do we get there?
- How do we in the Alts world position our portfolios to benefit from (or avoid getting annihilated by) the transition?
- Are we prepared for the consequences (good and bad) of ESG investing standards?
Energy impacts virtually every element of our lives, and thus every element of the portfolios we manage. To some degree, energy uncertainty equals portfolio uncertainty.
On December 1, our panel aims to cut through the uncertainty. Join us.