- This event has passed.
CIO Investment Leadership Series: Venture Debt Opportunities
Wed, May 31 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Demand for capital from startups is at an all-time high, which has created a supply-demand imbalance. In the past three years, startups have received a record $750+ billion in equity capital and $100+ billion in debt capital and the high demand for growth capital and refinancings is expected to continue.
While venture debt is now more topical and sought after than ever, how it works remains a mystery to many startup borrowers and investors alike.
Join the panel discussion to learn:
- What exactly is “venture debt”?
- How does venture debt compare with venture equity?
- What is the historical risk and return of venture debt?
- How do you mitigate risk in venture debt?
- Why is venture debt an attractive replacement for other fixed income investments?
- Where does venture debt fit into an allocator’s portfolio?
- Why is demand for venture debt from investors so high?
- How does the failure of Silicon Valley Bank create opportunities for non-bank lenders?
- Why is venture debt very likely to outperform in 2023 and beyond?